After a well deserved break with 6(!!) days of vacation, I’m back! Not really feeling the urge to pick up some new crypto stuff to write about just yet, but “den som väntar på något gott” :)
This saturday me and my good friend Elin had our joint birthday party.
It all started with a case of beers and a jacuzzi, where we decided to host a party where we cooked Neapolitan pizza for everyone, one pizza each, just like a one-night, pop-up pizza place. Since my parents neighbour just happened to have a wood oven in his basement it was maybe not the stupidest idea in the world. Maybe
How do I make a good pizza?
You start off with picking the sort of pizza you want to make.
Correct! Neapolitan style is what you want to do.
- Go to dough calculator. Personally I think 250 grams is a perfect size per pizza.
- Mix all of the sea salt and water with a fork until the salt is completely dissolved. Mix in 10 % of the flour (choose a 00 flour, like tipo 00). Mix with a spoon.
- Put in all the yeast and mix with a fork until the yeast has dissolved.
- Continuosly mix in the rest of the flour just like any other dough. Knead the dough until it’s no longer sticky.
- Form the dough into dough balls tutorial
- Let them work/rest for a minimum of 24 hours.
Here you can pick whatever you want but we choose:
Mutti tomatoes which we crushed
This is the classic Neapolitan margherita (minus the Parma ham).
The most important part. For the best result you need a wood oven. We had our wood oven running at about 450-500 degrees celsius. A pizza took about 45-50 seconds to cook.
- Put the kindling in the middle of the oven. Have it burning for about 45 minutes, add more kindling when needed.
- Move the kindling away from the stone/middle to the sides. I recommend covering all sides to get a even cooking of the pizza. Let the stone cool a little bit, for about 10 minutes.
- Put in the pizza